Why did you start NOW HOPE?
We started NOW HOPE in 2004 to fulfill our calling to minister to the nations.
What does “NOW HOPE” mean?
NOW HOPE is from Romans 5:5, “Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.”
How many countries have you been too?
We have been to 48 countries over the past 20 years.
Why do you focus on training leaders?
Leaders in developing nations step out in faith, often without access to resources, guidance or education. We are passionate about encouraging & equipping them to reach their full potential.
Do you work for a church?
No, we are not on staff at our local church. NOW HOPE is a 501c3 non-profit organization. However, our family enjoys going to church when we are in town.
How do you support the ministry?
Now Hope is supported by donations. We are thankful for the individuals, churches and businesses who financially sustain the vision of the ministry.
Do you take teams?
Yes, we like to incorporate discipleship into all we do, including our travels. In an effort to create an intimate and personal experience we limit our teams to no more than 4 individuals, or 1 family, at a time.
What’s the most dangerous situation you’ve encountered?
We were in Honduras during a coup d’etat. While the city of Tegucigalpa shut down, we were safe and sound tucked away in the mountains of Valle de Angeles.
What’s your favorite country and why?
Honduras. The need is great, the opportunities are endless, and we have an established long-term relationship with local missionaries. This translates into the ideal place to take our children, friends and other families.
Statement of Faith: As citizens of God’s kingdom, we are called to love, worship, and obey our Lord, to love and serve His Body, the Church, and to present the whole gospel for the whole person throughout the whole world.
- The Bible is God’s inspired and authoritative word, revealing that Jesus Christ is God’s son; that people are created in God’s image;
- He created us to have eternal life through Jesus Christ;
- Although all people have sinned and come short of God’s glory, God has made salvation possible through the death on the cross and resurrection of Jesus Christ;
- Repentance, faith, love and obedience are fitting responses to God’s initiative of grace towards us;
- God desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth;
- The Holy Spirit’s power is demonstrated in and through us for the accomplishment of Christ’s last commandment, “… Go into all the world and preach the gospel ” (Mark 16:15).
- President: Brian Chu
- VP & Secretary: Melissa Chu
- Director: Pastor Mark Alexander
- Directors: Dr. Ron & Kimberly Charity: Olathe, Kansas
- David & Paula Bolt: San Diego, California
- Amy Shandy: Colorado Springs, CO
- Our home church is Radiant Church: Colorado Springs, CO
- John & Lisa Bevere: Colorado Springs, CO
- Covenant Love Church: Fayetteville, NC
- City Life Church: Bradenton, FL
- Passion Church: Parrish, FL
- City Harvest Church: Aliso Viejo, CA
- Living Word Ministries: Scottsboro, AL
- Grace World Outreach: Brooksville, FL
- Jake’s House: Arlington, WA
- Living Waters Faith Center: Marysville, WA
- Lifemission Church: Olathe, KS
- Denver United Church: Denver, CO
- New Day Church: New Lenox, IL
Accounting Payroll Service: Norman Taylor, CPA, Colorado Springs, CO