- Size really doesn’t matter: It would be easy to expect that flying half way around the globe should warrant large crowds and speaking to the multitudes. After all, it’s got to be worth the while, right? However, I’ve learned that the number of folks who show up is completely irrelevant and insignificant. In fact, the smaller the more significant to me. It means that God cares so much about those ‘chosen few’ that he would fly me half way around the world just because He has something very specific to say to them personally. Beyond humbled that I get to be the voice on His behalf.
- Raw Worship: Before we arrived the Pastor apologized for their worship. They have all of the instruments necessary for a full band…but no body who knows how to play the instruments? The worship was 3 ladies singing acapella. I’ve been to large churches all over the world with talented, professional musicians. But i’m telling you, the anointing on the simple and raw worship I experienced in this small church ushered in the presence of God unlike any other church I’ve been to. I told the pastor afterwards to never again apologize for his worship 🙂
Love at first sight: We stepped into the isolated area of the women’s prison and the gate locked behind us. We were on our own. No guards. Not in this area. I looked into each of their eyes. About 40 of them. Some looked like they belonged. Others looked drastically out of place. One hour of daylight per day for this special group of ladies. 18th Street Gang Members. And, one hour a week with their “Mama Ty”. My friend. My hero. Who has devoted over 17 years of her life meeting with the ‘homies’ every Wednesday. No other visitors. Not ever.
My mind began to race:
- How did they all get here?
- Will they ever leave this place?
- What do you think about at night before you sleep?
- Forgiveness is what sets us free.
- Forgiving ourselves. Forgiving others.
- Freedom is worth fighting for.
- It gets complicated.
- Pursue the peace. It’s a battle worth fighting.
- Don’t do anything with each other that you wouldn’t do in front of your own father (Gulp)
- Your past is not your future – God can restore your mistakes (can I get an Amen)
- Sexual tension is a good thing (Yikes). It’s a gift from God. It’s how you act on that tension that matters.
We were teaching in Tanzania on the key role of business men and women in spreading the gospel. This man next to me was raised Muslim in Iran and he was invited by a businessman to hear us speak. At the end of the session the Man from IRAN came to us and asked for prayer to receive Jesus as Lord & Savior!
We are so thankful for all our friends in BUSINESS that are sharing the gospel in the marketplace!
We are so thankful for Pastor Brian Royer our friend, spiritual advisor and church partner!
Over the last few weeks I’ve been meditating on what the apostle Paul said to King Agrippa . . . “I had this vision from heaven and I obeyed it” Acts 26:19.
God gave me a vision 20 years ago to be a “missionary to the nations” and I’m so thankful that I obeyed it. I just returned from preaching in India and many Hindu’s gave their lives to Jesus, people were healed and believers were encouraged to continue in the faith.
I believe staying focused on your heavenly vision pleases the Lord and it will also help you through the difficulties and challenges in life!
Evangelism & Discipleship Tool
We’re using an amazing evangelism and discipleship tool for believers who suffer effects of illiteracy and have limited or no electricity! Developing countries have high illiteracy rates due to limited access to education. If you were to give a paper Bible to an illiterate believer or church leader, they would have difficulty reading it! But indigenous people do have the ability to listen and understand their own language.
Thank God for the the Megavoice Solar Powered Audio Bible!
- Provides non-readers with the good news of God’s love
- Includes entire Old & New Testament Bible
- Available in over 4,600 languages.
- These cool devices are SOLAR POWERED!!!
Each year we will minister in 5 – 6 countries and train church leaders and host evangelistic outreaches. Our goal is to give away at least 10 Audio Bibles on each trip. The cost per audio Bible is only $50. Your can sponsor one country for $500, one audio Bible for $50 or however you feel led to participate!
- February: Thailand
- June: India
- August: Kenya
You can donate online www.nowhope.org and designate “Audio Bible”
or by check and write Audio Bible in the memo section and mail to:
NOW HOPE, PO Box 62776, Colorado Springs, CO 80962
We wrapped up our 2015 ministry tour by visiting our dear friends Renato & Michelle Cassula in Fortaleza, Brazil. Brian trained church leaders for two days and he challenged the believers to put God first in their lives.
Renato and Michelle have planted a new church and also minister to people living in the water drought regions of Brazil. We look forward to going back soon!
A dear friend of ours refers to Melissa and I as the “Dynamic Duo”. We are humbled by that name but actually we are more effective for the Kingdom when we minister together. In June 2015, we both ventured down to Argentina and trained church leaders in two cities for two days.
This was a significant trip because evangelical church leaders in Argentina are being persecuted by the government. New rules are going in effect that requires all church pastors to have formal Bible training. We responded by training their church leaders and providing a certificate of training for their records.
The church leaders were so thankful that we came to their country. It was a wonderful time of teaching, prayer, prophetic words and fellowship with the believers. We look forward to many more years of ministering together as the “Dynamic Duo” in the nations for Jesus!
Brian & Melissa Chu